Wednesday 11 February 2015

BloodBowl Tournament - Boudicca Bowl 7th-8th Feb 2015








Last weekend I attended my local wargames club, annual BloodBowl Tournament - The Boudica Bowl (III) which was due to a very fortunate change in shifts at work, as originally I wasn't able to attend.

owing to the late change in circumstances I did not have time to put a team together so decided to take my Dwarf team which debuted in the 1st Boudica Bowl. Before the 1st game and after the 4th a certain skillset could be taken.


Dwarf Team - The Gemcutters


2 X Blitzers
2 X Runner with block before game 1.
7 x Blockers, 4 with Guard before game 1 and another 2 with Mighty Blow after game 3.
1 x Flint Churnblade with Chainsaw


The weekend was brilliant and every coach was NAF ranked.


I did not take many pics or write descriptive game reports due to the time constraints but below is a run down of how the games went.


Game 1 vs Nick (NAF-Knowmad)


Dwarf vs Norse, The game ended a Win 2-0 to me and 4-0 CAS to me.


Brilliant game with a cracking opponent who laughed and smiled through all the carnage. Would happily play Nick any time.


Game 2 vs Gareth (NAF-GreyMurphy)


Dwarf vs Underworld, Nuffle completely screwed me Lost 0-3 and 4-3 CAS to me.


I lost big, dice were worst in years!


Game 3 vs Geoff (NAF-BillyD)


Dwarf vs Darkelves, back to normal with a Win 3-0 and 7-0 CAS to me.


Geoff was really unfortunate to play me after that last game and all his agility seemed to of left him, where as my crunchy smash decimated his team. Throughout it all though Geoff was a great opponent.


Game 4 vs Gary (NAF-TalonBay)


Dwarf vs Ogres, The curse of Sunday morning and a very close Loss 1-2, 8-1 in CAS though.


Gary was immense with his Ogre's but it came down to a sneaky sidestepping Snotling doing the impossible dodges to snatch the ball in the endzone to give him the cushion.


Game 5 vs Dave (NAF-Lemf)


Dwarf vs Vampires, These Nosferatu didn't have an ounce of Bloodlust!! Draw 1-1, 5-1 to me on CAS.


Really fun game and Dave was great to play, even if the damn Vamps didn't want to suck blood all game!!


Game 6 vs Dan (NAF-Heartsbane)


Dwarf vs Nurgle, another Draw 2-2 with both of us not going for the win as each were too concerned about losing the game. 2-2 on CAS.


Great game, fun opponent to play, I CAS'd the Nurgle Beast.


So overall a W2 D2 L2 record which isn't too bad and I had no Troll Slayers (plus the Chainsaw was bloody useless all tournament)


In the end with all the results I came 8th and won most Casualties with 30!!!!!


Most evil bugger award!

1 comment: